9.5.11

pretend.

I have gained a portrait of a woman, I have gained the legs of a man.
Susan Sarandon purses her lips, perched high on my desk.  The blue visage of her celebrated face carves a barren chest to heave and whimper.  
David Bowie's limbs arch and twist to remind both Susan and I of thrilling times.  
When sex was plentiful, when nude was the only report of daily news.
Susan's eyes would scowl our starved bones, our bodies swaying to and fro.  David would perform the dance of the Dream Man, allowing us our animalistic nature.  
We'd come in the soft light of the afternoon, flooding in alongside the voices of school children, their Mother's cries. 
We'd devour with lust succulent suppers of rich proportions, the infamous duo close enough to set the mood.
Now, these likenesses mock this lone cub with reminders of the candy walls, the sweetest flavors,  the luxurious. 
All I must forget.
As if they were make-believe, as if it were just pretend.

No comments: