1.11.09

a lady named bunny.






There are generally two sides to every story: 


Overdressed or Underdressed.
Overwhelmed or Underwhelmed.
Overexposed or Underexposed.


  All parties were present in the unraveling of events that occurred this halloween.
Dressed clad as my biggest fear, my face mocked itself every time I came across a mirror.  I was doomed, I thought, licking MDMA off a plate which I used to eat on every other weekday. Anxiety would ensue as I came across whiskers, a pointed pink nose and the distinctive ears that a rabbit holds.
Alex painted his face thick with white, immediately washing it off,  then proceeded to offer me a Klonopin. A drug to wash the former drug down with.
Russ paraded around pant-less, attempting to imitate Tom Cruise's moves in his prime.  
We all agreed they both looked adorably prepubescent.


Carrying the Champagne bottle, Jackie O and I hobbled, Russ lit his cigarette indoors and we screamed to a taxi without knowing the address of the Ghost Dance.
Nestled on Cheery Street, we gathered our accessories and frolicked into a room filled to the brim with Jellyfish, Monsters, Marionettes, Bloody Battered Women and an ancient Chinese Dragon, who later attempted to devour Jonathan.


Spinning through self-pity, drunken haze and full blown energy, I danced to my hearts content floating over the channel. High, staring coyly into the eyes of my very own Yip Yip, as he hid his headphones beneath the felt.
A backsplash of white canvas's, reflecting perfectly selected beams of light gleaming coquettishly.  Another bunny, with blood covering his face, haunted me for the rest of the evening.
With my partners in crime off to bed, I was on my lonesome once again.  Running into an enemy I call friend who's eyebrows were thicker then Cool Whip on cake.  I greeted her with glee which I always blame on the E. 
"Please, stop trying to steal my boyfriend, he wants me" 
When my monster returned, we kissed silently beneath his fur and cooed, in love with the things we could become, thus, became. 


The magic of the evening wore off after swallowing it in the bathroom.
I kindly removed my mask, soaking in the last of the water ripples, wobbling to the bass.
We headed home to a new space, as new beginnings began yesterday,
and continues to both confuse and excite today.




photo credit: Russless.

No comments: