11.10.10

left.




there was no sun to set.   the light dissipated, simultaneously, the city glowed.
a group of spanish men observed us like birds in a sanctuary,
flapping our wings softly, making tiny noises with our throats.
we'd reached a peak.
upon flat moss and rabbit holes I wished I could crawl inside, we sighed.
for, this is a finer moment in life.

After, while guzzling gin beside a toilet,
the bleakest of black tiled walls,
I secretly wished these moments were permanent, 
not a capsule of time.
that she would stay, keep me feel safe.
ease the transition.

Sunday, I woke up with that daunting ache,
as though I'd slept with a man I loved,
but knew, it was 
over.
he was 
gone.
 left to fend, 
with my only friend, my only lover,
the city which breaths me,
keeps me warm at night.   

No comments: