17.10.10

AT WAR.


I am a sap.
Three recognizable characters grazed the screen for a mere 36 seconds.
wet, soaking wet.
There is no rain in my Scotland.
WAR, missing warmth.  
Summer stings, his hot breath .
The film finished, the theater roared, 
unaware, unaccompanied.
I hold my own hand, silently.

I am a sap.
The night licks my hot cheeks, I brake the bottle on the castle walls.
I walk along side her volcano, I profess my love, 
wasted on rocks, on hills and meadows.
I am gothic, numb as black lips. black tongue.
I want to mirror her, the undying, undeniable charm.
she is strong.
Instead, I embarrass myself.

I am a sap.
I spit in the sink of a strangers pale blue bathroom.
I watch the violinist with hunger, his socks match his shirt.
I count eyelashes, prominent and beautiful, though his words don't resonate.
A lover kisses his mouth, I am quietly enraged.
I steal cigarettes, I reapply lipstick repeatedly.
I prowl and prance, I ask to see his bedroom.
I fall asleep next to a man whose name I don't remember.
He holds me, we freeze, 
the embrace, lulling.

I am a sap.
I wake, 
in sheets I've never seen.
 lights on, bra off.
I piss, I eat a croissant. I use his ex's lipgloss.
I take pictures of his typewriter.  
Ten minutes spent trying to open the door to the main road,
his neighbor finds me, drunk, on God's day.
bemused, disoriented, I can't find home.
Daylight casts a hideous shadow.
so, I sleep until it's dark again.

I am a sap.
with no method to mayhem.
this is all I know 
of war,
ME VERUS ME VERUS ME VERUS ME.
coexistence.

No comments: